An old friend with whom I need to become reacquainted

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Update from the weekend (and end of last week)

Thursday 11/20: A good day. I felt pretty good all day, a little worn down at the end of the day, but I survived intact. :) I even worked a double at the restaurant! 3 of 10.

Friday 11/21: Another good day...yeah! I worked a double again and did well. As always (after a double, that is), I was feeling a little luggish at the end of the day, but it wasn't bad. 2 of 10.

Saturday 11/22: A medium day. It started out well, but I was really exhausted. I worked a double, and was feeling really impatient and tired during lunch...not a lot of pain, but a lot of mental and physical fatigue. I felt like I was having a mental breakdown at work. By the end of the lunch shift, my body was at least moving around well, but I could feel a quick deterioration. By the end of the dinner shift, I probably could have laid down on the dirty restaurant floor and just fallen asleep for the night. My friend, Melanie, invited Patrick and me to go to a club with her, her fiancee, and her sister and her friends. So, we went. I didn't want to be up and moving around at all, but I can't resist hanging out with friends. I'd give the day a 7 of 10 because it started really well and ended not so well.

Today, Sunday 11/23: Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. Holy crap, I feel like a grandma today. Getting out of bed was painful on my feet. My muscles are really sore, too, on top of sore joints. (triceps, quads, biceps) I think my body is upset with me for working three doubles in a row. We spent the day with Melanie and Stephane (her fiancee), so I tried to keep up, but there were a few points that were quite uncomfortable. We went to a movie, and getting up and moving around (especially walking down the stairs in the theater) was tough. Hey, I'm not a crybaby...I'm just telling it how it is.

My left shoulder is being a total pain in the butt today. Holding up my cell phone, reaching, putting on a coat, etc. is really hard to do with my left shoulder. I feel like I need a massage.

There's also a spot along my spine in the middle of my back that feels like it needs to be adjusted. I'm going to try to visit my chiropractor before we drive down to Phoenix for Thanksgiving. I need to remember to get some Aleve as well. So, today was a 8.5 of 10.


That's my report for the last few days. Hopefully some good rest tonight will help me feel better tomorrow. There's LOTS to do before going out of town, so I need a productive day! And I have to work tomorrow night. Yippee. :)

No comments: