An old friend with whom I need to become reacquainted

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

So how's your day going?

So I want to keep track of how my days go. I'm sure somewhere down the line a doctor will ask me something like, "In a week, how many days do you feel like utter and complete crap?"...or something like that. So, if I keep track here, I might actually be able to give a complete answer. I'll rate days as "good," "medium," or "rotten/horrible/hellish/please pass the morphine" as well as giving it a rating, 1 to 10, 10 being along the lines of "rotten/horrible/hellish/please pass the morphine."


Random side note: This reminds me of any time a woman goes to the doctor and they ask, "When was the first day of your last period?" Does anyone remember??? I never do. At the Halloween doctor visit, I just looked at Patrick and said, "Do you remember?" Of course he would remember...the first day of my last period was the first day of a 5 day dry spell of lovin' for the poor man.


So, here's my record thus far:
(starting with Friday 11/14, because I can't remember before that)

Friday 11/14: A rotten "shoot me" kind of day. I worked a double and it was hell. I cried when I got to work, I cried during the lunch shift, I cried in front of my boss at the end of my lunch shift. The good part about crying is that I got a break between two shifts that ended up squished back-to-back. I give that day an 8.5 out of 10.

Saturday 11/15: A good day. I worked 12 hours and did just fine. A 3 out of 10.

Sunday 11/16: A bad day. I think I had a nightmare turned into reality where a truck ran me over. 9 out of 10.

Yesterday 11/17: A medium day. I got around just fine, but the aches were at a 6 out of 10.

Today 11/18: A good day. Some normal aches in my fingers, especially my right hand's pointer finger. My elbows, knees, and right ankle were a bit tender as well. I count it as a good day, though, because I never felt like I couldn't or really didn't want to take the stairs. A 4 out of 10.

No comments: