An old friend with whom I need to become reacquainted

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Week 3

The scale says I'm at 170. I feel like some muscles are being awakened, though, so I'm okay with that. I need to make an effort to do cardio at home a few times each week to pump up the fat burning.

Also, my period started, and I'm sure I'm retaining water. I feel bloated, and I was the biggest wench at work today. I just wanted to lay in a bathtub and ignore the world. I think that is a perfectly reasonable request.

I did Intro to Pole today. It was basically like the Teaser party I went to a few weeks ago with Alice. Tomorrow morning I'm going to the Cardio Cabaret Class. I'm excited for a great workout. I really like the teacher of this class (same teacher for my Tuesday morning class, too). She's such a great dancer and seriously keeps us moving. It's great.

Here's a video of the artistic pole dancing Dutch nationals:



I think this is a great example of pole dancing as a sport, not a source of income for strippers. :) The athletic aspect of it is so challenging, and I'm excited to be part of it.

1 comment:

H.E.A. said...

I don't think that is too big a request...a bathtub and some soft music and candles are the way to go on days like that!

I hope you are feeling a little...calmer today :)