An old friend with whom I need to become reacquainted

Thursday, January 15, 2009

30 Seconds

Any time I get the chance to watch The Biggest Loser, I get super excited. I love seeing the people at the end of the season, and the extra body that just dropped off of who they really are. Every single time I watch the show, I get teary eyed...probably because I think of myself and the extra "weight" I carry with me and how it needs to go. By "weight," I am talking about fat on my body, sure, and also the emotional weight I carry. I'd be a fool if I told you there was no correlation. I think holding onto the heaviness of emotional scars, stress, anger, and judgment is very similar to holding onto an extra 30, 50, or 100 lbs. It's a process, and by no means an easy process, to rid yourself of the burdens.

So, when I watched this clip from The Biggest Loser, it gave me one of those great teary-eyed moments where I feel like I'm being the one pushed to step it up a notch. Physically and emotionally...to just put in the "30 seconds" required for this phase of the "workout."




P.S. I played racquetball for 45 minutes and did Start It Up/Slim in 6!!!

1 comment:

H.E.A. said...

I'm not sure (I could be totally wrong) but I think the slim in 6 program is also affiliated with TurboJam/Turbokick...which happens to be my absolute favorite workout and a class I now am certified to teach!

All those programs are amazing!! Good luck with your journey :)